Contributing in the World:
Living an engaged life
24-29 OCT 2017
5 DAY RETREAT — Pymble, SYDNEY
This retreat opens us up to the interconnectedness of all Life and fully inhabiting our place in it. We learn about and turn toward the challenges of hierachical structures, economic resources, decisions and making a meaningful contribution (meaningful in our own eyes).
NVC in your Life - including Workplace and Community
General topics for the October retreats (may be altered according to the interests of the group) are:
- Utilising personal choice, power and contribution effectively.
- Balancing professionalism and authenticity. Practising honesty that creates connection, even when it’s uncomfortable to do so.
- Identifying and overcoming challenges in distributing personal time and energy.
- Contributing wholeheartedly with professional clarity, centredness and autonomy, free from beliefs and expectations of those around us.
- Connecting to your power to make a heartfelt contribution in the world.
- Creating consciousness, understanding and collaboration in relationships with clients, work colleagues, neighbours, businesses/ service providers and other parts of your community. How to create this.
- Creating power-with relationships within power-under/over structures that use demands and hierarchy. Moving from domination to cooperative system thinking.
- Being productive and effective in meetings. Making powerful requests and cutting through to what is important.
- Making agreements and decisions based on willingness & values.